Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences
Address: Mengminwei Science Building S315
I am looking for motivated undergraduate and graduate students to work on either of the following topics: physics of spin qubits and spin based quantum computing, quantum transport, Majorana fermions for topological quantum computing, Floquet or time-dependent topological materials. Some of the projects are pursued in collaboration with various groups in Europe (Switzerland, France, Spain) and US, so there will be the opportunity for scientific visits. If you are interested in joining my group, just drop me an email.
2005-2010: University of Basel (Switzerland), PhD Student (Advisor: Prof. Daniel Loss)
2010-2011: University of Basel (Switzerland), Postdoc (Advisor: Prof. Daniel Loss)
2011-2013: University of California, Los Angeles, Postdoc (Adviser: Prof. Yaroslav Tserkovnyak)
2013-2016: University of Paris-Saclay, Postdoc (Advisers: Prof. Pascal Simon and Dr. Cristina Bena)
Since 2016: Assistant Professor at the Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences of Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
1. Quantum spintronics
2. Topological matter and Majorana fermions
3. Cavity quantum electrodynamics
4. Solid state quantum computing
1. Program Pavle Savic between Institute of Physics Belgrade (Serbia) and LPS Orsay (France), 2016-2017 "Electric control of spins in molecular magnets and nanocrystals (EleCMolMag)" - funded.
2. European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant, (1.5M euros), 2016-2021 "Theory of spin transport through quantum conductors coupled to microwave cavities" (SITCOM) - passed to Step 2, invited for interview in Brussels.
3. International (Regional) Cooperation And Exchange Project, National Natural Science Foundation Of China (NSFC)- funded.
1. "Dynamical Shiba states from precessing magnetic impurities in s-wave superconductors", Vardan Kaladhzyan, Silas Hoffman, and Mircea Trif, Phys. Rev. B 96, 020507(R) (2017) (arXiv:1611.09722).
2. "Two-dimensional topological superconductivity in Pb/Co/Si(111)", G. C. Menard, S. Guissart, C. Brun, M. Trif, F. Debontridder, R. T. Leriche, D. Demaille, D. Roditchev, P. Simon, T. Cren, Nature Commun. (in press).
3. "Emission of non-classical radiation by inelastic Cooper pair tunneling", M. Westig, B. Kubala, O. Parlavecchio, Y. Mukharsky, C. Altimiras, P. Joyez, D. Vion, P. Roche, D. Esteve, M. Hofheinz, M. Trif, P. Simon, J. Ankerhold, and F. Portier, Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 137001 (2017).
4. "Photon cross-correlations emitted by a Josephson junction in two microwave cavities", Mircea Trif and Pascal Simon, Phys. Rev. B 92, 014503 (2015).
5. "Cavity quantum electrodynamics with mesoscopic topological superconductors", Olesia Dmytruk, Mircea Trif and Pascal Simon, Phys. Rev. B 92, 245432 (2015).
6. "Electron-Hole Entanglement in a Quantum Spin Hall Insulator", Koji Sato, Mircea Trif , and Yaroslav Tserkovnyak, Phys. Rev. B 89, 115404 (2014).
7. "Circuit QED with Hole-Spin Qubits in Ge/Si Nanowire Quantum Dots", Christoph Kloeffel, Mircea Trif , Peter Stano, and Daniel Loss, Phys. Rev. B 88, 241405 (2013).
8. "Dynamic Magnetoelectric Effect in Ferromagnet-Superconductor Tunnel Junctions", Mircea Trif and Yaroslav Tserkovnyak, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 087602 (2013).
9. "Resonantly Tunable Majorana Polariton in a Microwave Cavity", Mircea Trif and Yaroslav Tserkovnyak, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109 257002 (2012).
10. "Long-Distance Spin-Spin Coupling via Floating Gates", Luka Trifunovic, the Dial at The AT at The Oliver, Mircea Trif , James R. Wootton, Rediet Abebe, Amir Yacoby, and Daniel Loss , Phys. Rev. X 2, 011 006 (2012).
11. "Strong spin-orbit interaction and helical hole states in Ge/Si nanowires", Christoph Kloeffel, Mircea Trif , and Daniel Loss, Phys. Rev. B 84, 195314 (2011).
12. "Relaxation of hole spins in quantum dots via two-phonon processes", Mircea Trif , Pascal Simon, and Daniel Loss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 106601 (2009).
13. "Spin-Electric Coupling in Molecular Magnets", Mircea Trif , Filippo Troiani, Dimitrije Stepanenko, and Daniel Loss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 217201 (2008).
14. "Spin dynamics in InAs-nanowire quantum-dots coupled to a transmission line", Mircea Trif , Vitaly N. Golovach, and Daniel Loss, Phys. Rev. B 77, 045434 (2008).