Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences
Address: MMW Building S 325, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 10084, P.R.China
2008-2012 Undergraduate student in the School of Physics at Peking University, China. Major: theoretical physics; Minor: computer science.
2012-now PhD student in the Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences at Tsinghua University, China.
Selftesting quantum information.
I am interested in quantum information tasks that are (partially) independent of their implementation devices. My research interests include device independent tasks that are fully selftesting and based on violations of Bell test; measurement device independent tasks and source independent tasks that are partially selftesting.
Quantum random number generation.
Intrinsic randomness can be obtained via measuring a quantum state. With such powerful result, I am interested in designing quantum random number generators that are both practical and secure.
Small scale quantum computing.
I am interested in the designing of quantum circuits. Specifically, I plan to find a general algorithm to find the simplest construction of small scale quantum circuits. In general, I am eager to see the power of current quantum systems in realizing existing results. I am also very looking forward to new quantum algorithms and improved quantum computers in a near future.
Quantumness resource quantification.
I am also interested in quantifying the quantumness resource of physical systems. Under an operational framework, I am interested in how the quantumness can be quantified and how the results can be related to operational tasks. For a given high dimensional quantum system, I am interested to see how the quantumness can be quantified with few measurements.
Impelemtation of quantum information tasks
I am very interested in experimental realization of quantum advantages. For a given task where quantum method can beats classical method, realizing the advantage with the state-of-the-art experiment instruments is especially interesting.
2013 Baidu scholarship and Guanghua Scholarship in Tsinghua University.
2014 Baidu scholarship in Tsinghua University.
2015 National Scholarship of China.
2016 Baidu scholarship in Tsinghua University.
1. Yuan, Xiao; Liu, Ke; Xu, Yuan; Wang, Weiting; Ma, Yuwei; Zhang, Fang; Yan, Zhaopeng; Vijay, R; Sun, Luyan; Ma, Xiongfeng; Experimental Quantum Randomness Processing Using Superconducting Qubits, Physical Review Letters 117 1 10502, 2016;
2. Yuan, Xiao; Assad, Syed M; Thompson, Jayne; Haw, Jing Yan; Vedral, Vlatko; Ralph, Timothy C; Lam, Ping Koy; Weedbrook, Christian; Gu, Mile; Replicating the benefits of closed timelike curves without breaking causality, NPJ Quantum Information 1 15007, 2015;
3. Xu, Ping; Yuan, Xiao; Chen, Luo-Kan; Lu, He; Yao, Xing-Can; Ma, Xiongfeng; Chen, Yu-Ao; Pan, Jian-Wei; Implementation of a measurement-device-independent entanglement witness, Physical review letters 112 14 140506, 2014; (contributed equally)
4. Ma, Xiongfeng; Yuan, Xiao; Cao, Zhu; Qi, Bing; Zhang, Zhen; Quantum random number generation, NPJ Quantum Information 21 16021, 2016;
5. Cao, Zhu; Zhou, Hongyi; Yuan, Xiao; Ma, Xiongfeng; Source-independent quantum random number generation Physical Review X 6 1 11020, 2016;
6. Yuan, Xiao; Zhao, Qi; Ma, Xiongfeng; Clauser-Horne Bell test with imperfect random inputs, Physical Review A 92 2 22107, 2015;
7. Yuan, Xiao; Zhou, Hongyi; Cao, Zhu; Ma, Xiongfeng; Intrinsic randomness as a measure of quantum coherence Physical Review A 92 2 22124, 2015;
8. Yuan, Xiao; Cao, Zhu; Ma, Xiongfeng; Randomness requirement on the Clauser-Horne-Shimony-Holt Bell test in the multiple-run scenario, Physical Review A 91 3 32111, 2015;
9. Yuan, Xiao; Mei, Quanxin; Zhou, Shan; Ma, Xiongfeng; Reliable and robust entanglement witness, Physical Review A 93 4 42317, 2016;
10. Zhou, Hongyi; Yuan, Xiao; Ma, Xiongfeng; Randomness generation based on spontaneous emissions of lasers, Physical Review A 91 6 62316, 2015;
11. Zhao, Qi; Yuan, Xiao; Ma, Xiongfeng, Efficient measurement-device-independent detection of multipartite entanglement structure, accepted by Physical Review A; (contributed equally)
12. Chiribella, Giulio; Yuan, Xiao; Quantum theory from quantum information: the purification route, Canadian Journal of Physics 91 6 475-478, 2013;
13. Chiribella, Giulio; Yuan, Xiao; Bridging the gap between general probabilistic theories and the device-independent framework for nonlocality and contextuality, Information and Computation, 2016;
14. Yuan, Xiao; Xu, Ping; Chen, Luo-Kan; Lu, He; Yao, Xing-Can; Ma, Xiongfeng; Chen, Yu-Ao; Pan, Jian-Wei; Detection Loophole-free Entanglement Verification, Session 3A9 SC3: Quantum Optics, 1197, 2014
15. Yuan, Xiao; Zhao, Qi; Girolami, Davide; Ma, Xiongfeng; Interplay between local quantum randomness and non-local information access, arXiv preprint arXiv:1605.07818, 2016
16. Zhang, Zhen; Yuan, Xiao; Cao, Zhu; Ma, Xiongfeng; Round-robin differential-phase-shift quantum key distribution, arXiv preprint arXiv:1505.02481, 2015
17. Chiribella, Giulio; Yuan, Xiao; Measurement sharpness cuts nonlocality and contextuality in every physical theory, arXiv preprint arXiv:1404.3348, 2014.
18. Chen, Luo-Kan; Li, Zheng-Da; Yao, Xing-Can; Huang, Miao; Li, Wei; Lu, He; Yuan, Xiao; Zhang, Yan-Bao; Jiang, Xiao; Peng, Cheng-Zhi; Li, Li; Liu, Nai-Le; Ma, Xiongfeng; Lu, Chao-Yang; Chen, Yu-Ao; Pan, Jian-Wei. New Source of Ten-photon Entanglement from Thin BiB3O6 Crystals. arXiv:1609.00228, 2016.
19. Yuan, Xiao; Zhang, Zhen; Lutkenhaus Norbert; Ma, Xiongfeng. Simulating single photons with realistic photon sources. arXiv:1609.06799 2016.